Monday, June 30, 2014

Use Your Talents

This week we worked really really hard and met some great people; difficult to believe that there are so many people ready for the Gospel and ready to return to the Gospel that it just blows my mind. We really noticed that there is no way that we can do this work alone and that is when we really understood the importance of the members in missionary work. It is so much easier to sit in the house and only think about yourself and only think about your family. But when you realize that actually there are so many people more that are your brothers and sisters it is a lot easier to go and get things done en la obra del SeƱor. 
 
I made myself a promise. When I come home in a year the first thing I am going to do before I unpack my suitcases or see my friends, is to bake some cookies, and go meet our neighbors. Invite them to dinner with the missionaries and let them get to know the Gospel in a non confrontational way. Then I am going to the temple and going to do some missionary work for the dead. I  have received a ton of revelation about doing all we can in this life. 
 
There is a General conference talk called '4 minutes' in the Ensign. If you really think about it, SHOOT. Our life is so short. Are we wasting it with pastimes and hobbies? Are we really using our talents to help others come unto Christ?
 
Mental Tenacity says, "Having a talent serves as nothing if you don't use it." USE YOUR TALENTS. but not just for your own benefit. Use them for the bettering of others. If you haven't, repent and do it better.
 
Thank you for the wonderful letters that I received! I LOVE GETTING LETTERS! And you are all so kind to send me them.
Love you all and hope all is well at home!
 
Love,
Hermana Farner

No comments:

Post a Comment