Monday, June 2, 2014

God is always there

El Monte has so much potential and so much that is good but the adversary is working hard on Hermana M. and me. We cry a lot.  The people don´t understand us, and the men are quite forward and makes it impossible to contact families.
 
But, I will have you know that I have never felt the Spirit guide me so strongly in these weeks of pain and anguish than in my entire life. I have felt pushed to doors that have opened for us to hear the message of God. I have shared scriptures with people that the still small voice told me I should do to see these people start to cry and tell me that I was inspired to share because that is what they needed to hear. I have felt the power of God fill me as I testify of God´s love for His children and I have seen people nod and smile as that knowledge touches their hearts.
 
What do I learn from this? God is always there. He is always beside us, holding our hand, putting his arm aroud our stooped shoulders when we feel like we can´t move on. He will never give you something you can´t handle. He will never leave you to fight alone. If any of you are going through a hard time in your life, remember where you stand. And find joy in the fact that you are the master of your fate and the captain of your soul.
 
As Theodor Roosevelt once said, "Its not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, who strive valiantly, who errs; who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming, but who does actually strive to do the deeds, who knows great enthusiasm, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows the triumph of high achievement, and who at worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly so his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
Love,
Hermana Farner 

No comments:

Post a Comment