Monday, September 29, 2014

I can feel the difference

This week was so much fun! We of course had all sorts of miracles like always. We had a big ole district activity in this place called Isla de Maipo where it is just a big ole camping ground. I got to run around and fly kites, watch the members dance the cueca which is the traditional dance here in Chile. It is really weird but you get used to it after watching it for like 3 hours. Then we ate a big ole asado (can't tell you how much meat I have eaten in the past 2 weeks) and we did tug of war.
 
The most amazing thing happened yesterday. We were in a lesson with this family of 5 and last week I told the 19 year old daughter who works and studies during the week and gets home at 12:30 at night that she needed to read her book of Mormon every single day in the week. She told me that she didn't know how she could do it. So I told her that all she needed to do was to read her Book of Mormon aunque fuera one verse every night and she would see a change.
 
We got to her house yesterday and she ran up to me yelling "Hermana! Hermana! Yo lo hice! Leí mi libro cada día! Y sabe que, puedo sentir la diferencia." Translation: Sister! Sister! I did it! I read my book every day! And you know what, I can feel the difference." In that moment I felt soooooooo good. I could see a change in her too. That family will be baptized in the near future. I am sure of it. Just some great things that are happening with the sector. I have been in El Monte for almost 6 months now, and I really don't want to leave to be honest with you. It is something that I have been thinking about a lot. I could live in EL Monte. But that is something to be thought about in another half a year.
 
Love,
Hermana Farner

No comments:

Post a Comment