Monday, March 2, 2015

Not done yet

The President gave me the green light to stay for an extra change. I am just looking for the email to send to the secretaries to make it final. It makes me sad that I will miss a lot of events that are important at home, but I really feel like I am not done yet. I know that this sacrifice will bring a lot of amazing blessings to our family and my family here in Chile. I know that with prayer and faith you will feel the same. It is hard for me too. I want to be at Hollan's birthday, Addison's as well and her graduation and prom and Baylee's wedding and everything but I can't deny the feeling I have. I promise to work off the extra money that will be spent in the last month of the mission that wasn't planned.

This week we saw a TON of miracles. We found a bunch of members that hadn't gone to church in like 10 years the came to the first time yesterday. Needless to say there were a lot of tears and hugs. It is the best feeling to see someone change their heart. I felt like the father of the prodigal son while I stood at the church door and watched these people come in. Miracles still get me right in the heart. I can't help but tear up.
 
Did my first splits as an Hermana Lider. Wow. A TON harder than I thought. Our theme for the girls "Mi mision es mi sion" or "My Mission my Zion" is what we are teaching. Helping the girls focus on faith and obedience and unity as a companionship. I love Hermana T. I know we are going to see all kinds of miracles. I really am just so excited to be here with her.
 
I got sick and at night I was coughing a lot so I went downstairs to the bathroom as to not wake up the other girls. While I was there I ran into my first cockroach. Hermana T. accompanied me as it was 3am in the morning we went hunting for the cockroach and finally killed it after a lot of screaming and throwing of sandals. It was an eventful night.
 
Love you all and miss you lots!
Hermana Farner
Ps I am a grandma in the mission! Hermana H. is training and I get to go back to El Monte to do splits!! I AM SO EXCITED!

No comments:

Post a Comment