Monday, November 24, 2014

Breathers in the Mission

This week was really, really, really long. One of the longest of my life. Before a baptism literally everything goes wrong;  it is a promise in the mission. You just hope that the stuff goes wrong with you instead of your investigator.
And that is what we saw this week with good ol Ba. She didn't have a single problem in the week before. It was just us and all the stuff that was happening with the clothing and the place and the font and the mission leader and the zone leaders and the registros and all the paperwork behind the baptism.
And my poor little companion had no idea there were problems and she asked me why I was on the phone so much, so I just told her look honey this is what happens when you have baptism or a confirmation in the mission and laid it all out for her. Her eyes got wider and wider and wider and we ending up just laughing our heads off. (like with everything) She is literally so great. I feel like God always gives me breathers in the mission before I go right back under the water to learn something else. Hermana M and Hermana H are the two evident examples of that.

Hitting a year. No way. Feels weird but I feel good, like it was supposed to happen - everything that has happened. I think I will understand and comprehend a little more the stuff that has happened when I get changed from el Monte. It feels like I am stuck in a time warp out there. It is so far away from everything.
I have changed so much here words shall never be able to describe it.
I love you all so much; pray lots for me this week that I will be able to say goodbye and start over new with a new companion and new people and places without dying! 
 
Love you all!
Hermana Farner
 

No comments:

Post a Comment