Monday, October 13, 2014

Where are We Facing?

Well I am with Hermana R. a little mini missionary here in El Monte. One week with her and then I will get a new companion! Fighting and fighting and fighting like always to understand and grasp the person I really am.
 
We found a whole lot of new people to teach. Actually there is this one lady named Sa. that should get baptized pretty soon. She is legit. Her family will get baptized soon as well. Very, very prepared spiritually. And the Lord still blesses us even when we are whiny complainers like me. ;)
 
I read that talk by Elder Uchtdorf from the woman's conference and then I read it again and again and again and again. And I am starting to get what this life is really about. I still am very far from providing an educated answer obviously, but I really really love what it says. That eternal life is knowing Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ personally. What a challenge. We can say we know they live and list off the facts of their personalities and what attributes that they have but to know them, to walk with them, that requires a type and level of obedience that I still cannot comprehend nor achieve in this part of my life. However I know that there is only a few ways that we can achieve this type of obedience and that is if it stems from pure love of God. No solo por cumplir (don't know that in English) the requirements nor because we are scared of a punishment but because we LOVE God more than we love the world. Someone in general conference talked about deciding where we face. That is true. :) WHERE ARE WE FACING? Even in the mission we have re-evaluate ourselves everyday :)
 
Love you! Miss you a lot! I am almost 20! Weird right!
Hermana Farner

No comments:

Post a Comment